Stat Tracker

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Used Location Services Icon in iPhone Settings

So I had to go to the Apple store last night to replace my broken iPhone. The microphone for calls wasn't working, so they replaced it with a new one. As any good techie would do, I go straight home and restore from a backup. After restoring the backup, some settings still need to be tweaked so I go into the settings app and start tweaking, and I noticed something new. Or at least something I hadn't noticed before.

When you go into Settings > Location Services, it will show you the list of applications which are enabled for Location Services. I have seen that before. But for the first time I noticed that if you used one of those apps in the last 24 hours, it will show a little cursor icon next to the service to indicate the app has used it recently.


Kinda neat eh? I don't know if this is a new feature since the whole privacy debacle a few back and the 4.3.3 update released it or if its always been there, but kinda neat.